Friday, November 1, 2013

White Stone With a New Name

"I know your works;  you are neither cold or hot.  Would that you were cold or hot!
So, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold or hot, I will spew you out of my mouth.  For you say, I am rich, I have prospered, and I need nothing; not knowing that you are wretched, pitiable, poor, blind and naked." Revelations 3:15-17



I want to hear the word spoken from your mouth,
the name chiseled into my flesh the day I was created,
the name engraved on my soul the day you fashioned me.

Speak it yet again and I am consumed,
a new creation.

Breath your spirit into my mouth
with warm embrace falling through limitless seas,
caressing waters;
the depths of eternity.

Does it please you to know that I listen for your footsteps in the night?
As the day gently fades I am filled with joy.
Did you think of me in the heat of the day, when the sun was high in the sky?
Did it make your heart glad to know that I wait for you with quiet longing?

If you are delayed, the kiss only sweeter.
Even into the early hours of the morning I am still.
Oil poured out on my head,
honey in my mouth as day breaks.

–by Julie O.
December 22, 2009 

photo Julie O. /chthonickore
The begining of a blank journal given to me by my sister 2002.  I put in the flowers and wrote poetry in it.  This poem was one of the last entries.

     She wrote this on the first page.




No comments:

Post a Comment